Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
lost key gen 2 - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Technical Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: lost key gen 2 (/showthread.php?tid=18482)

Pages: 1 2

lost key gen 2 - SEABREEZE - 14-01-2012

hey guys, best solution for lost key?? i still have one but no spare so need to get another

i saw on ebay keys from china, blank, and says no programming required

do the gen 2 have a chip in them or something for the immobilisor

RE: lost key gen 2 - BEAU - 14-01-2012

The Genll's need programming to match the ECU because of the imobleizer at the key switch.

RE: lost key gen 2 - Greeny_SA - 15-01-2012

Yeah ,need a blank with a chip in it Then program the key to the ECU . I Reckon I've seen a post on here somewhere of how to do it .This is what happens when you flip the Missus the Bird .

RE: lost key gen 2 - pashnit - 15-01-2012

I need to get another one too!

RE: lost key gen 2 - grumpy - 15-01-2012

Wasn,t it on here somewhere that you can use a blank key as long as the key with the chip is within so many metres of the bike.

RE: lost key gen 2 - ROD - 15-01-2012

(15-01-2012, 07:02am)grumpy Wrote: Wasn,t it on here somewhere that you can use a blank key as long as the key with the chip is within so many metres of the bike.

That is corect , As the keys from china DO NOT have a chip in them but they are a great cheep key for gen 1 i have one for mine Pi_thumbsup

Here is one for $50 in USA
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-OEM-FACTORY-KEY-BLANK-GSX1300R-HAYABUSA-08-09-/150726243203?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2317fbf383

RE: lost key gen 2 - Camel - 15-01-2012

Hi Seabreeze,

I've had keys reprogrammed for Suzukis fitted with immobilisers. There's ways and means. Theres a couple of reputable chaps on this forum who can help if you need another key programmed. Just be prepared to provide your VIN and proof of ownership...........

RE: lost key gen 2 - Maj - 15-01-2012

Pashnit yours is easy , no immobiliser :)

I still have a complete key, immobiliser, ecu combo here if anyone looses all there keys , or buys an auction bike without key

The chip has to be very near the immobiliser to work,guys using the busa motor for kit cars etc usually tape it to the back of the immobiliser .
The chip is in the key under the hayabusa logo, have not tried it but it may be able to swap into another blank key ???

RE: lost key gen 2 - Shifu - 15-01-2012

If you still have the other key, any Suzuki dealer can get you a key with transponder at a cost of about $90 then cut and program it to your ECU for another $80. (up to 4 keys can be programmed into an ECU). If you lost both keys, you are f&5cked as you will need the new ECU and the ignition switch and these are much more expensive. The blanks on E-bay have no transponders and will only work while the original key is in close proximity to the bike (like in your pocket). Not sure of the range but heard of 4 feet mentioned somwhere.
There are some rumours circulating that Suzuki keeps a copy for every bike produced but my dealer was not aware of it so it could be just wishful thinking.

RE: lost key gen 2 - jamdonut - 15-01-2012

Annadale Locksmiths specialize in Suzuki GSX keys with immobilisers, was quoted $145. Still have to go and get it in case I lose the last key.

RE: lost key gen 2 - pashnit - 15-01-2012

(15-01-2012, 08:13am)Maj Wrote: Pashnit yours is easy , no immobiliser

Maj, this might be a dumb response but the AU models do have the chip, and the US models don't?

RE: lost key gen 2 - Tyronm - 15-01-2012

Tim,

I believe that is correct.
No chips in US bikes from what I have read...

RE: lost key gen 2 - Maj - 16-01-2012

Tim
Your bikes have a 100 ohm resistor circuit in the key switch, stops a "hotwire" theft as the bike will not start without recognising that resistor, our bikes had similar untill gen 2 when Europe, Africa and Aust/NZ had immobilisers fitted std
the immobiliser is a matched set of chip, transponder and ecu recognition .

RE: lost key gen 2 - simmo - 16-01-2012

(15-01-2012, 03:08pm)Shifu Wrote: If you still have the other key, any Suzuki dealer can get you a key with transponder at a cost of about $90 then cut and program it to your ECU for another $80. (up to 4 keys can be programmed into an ECU). If you lost both keys, you are f&5cked as you will need the new ECU and the ignition switch and these are much more expensive. The blanks on E-bay have no transponders and will only work while the original key is in close proximity to the bike (like in your pocket). Not sure of the range but heard of 4 feet mentioned somwhere.
There are some rumours circulating that Suzuki keeps a copy for every bike produced but my dealer was not aware of it so it could be just wishful thinking.

Sorry not true the immobiliser can be turned of like the US ones Coolrasta

RE: lost key gen 2 - Shifu - 16-01-2012

Sorry not true the immobiliser can be turned of like the US ones Coolrasta
[/quote]

Providing you have the harness, the program and the knowledge. Still more expensive than getting second key. I like it "immobilized" when I am not on it Smitten