Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
New Tyres on the market - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: New Tyres on the market (/showthread.php?tid=1842)

Pages: 1 2

New Tyres on the market - BigMac088 - 08-11-2000

New to me anyway. I stuck a new tyre on today, moving from BT56 to the D207 Dunlop. I also noticed a few 190's in stock I had not seen before and was wondering if anyone has used these and what the opinion might be

Cannot remember all the numbers but as I recall the Bridgestones were a "010" or was that the new Dunlop???, a Michelin PILOT (not the racing tyre) and a new "Sport Touring" Metzler. All claimed to get more mileage (especially the Metz) than the BT56's and D207's but I wonder if that translates to a significant loss of "stick".

You would not think so given the amount of research that goes on these days but there is no substitute for real time on the road. Anyone? <i></i>

Re: New Tyres on the market - demeester - 09-11-2000

Did any of these other tyres have the elusive "J" rating. I know of a couple of riders using (and enjoying) Pilots, but they are not specifically rated for the Hayabusa.

I personally will stay with tyres that are stated as suitable for the Hayabusa as I have no real complaints with either the D207 or the BT56 (although the BT56 is my preference of the two).

I don't know what the differences are between "standard" 190's and "J" rateds, but I was lead to believe that the primary differences between the Dunlop D207 regular tyre and the Hayabusa version of the same tyre were in the tyre walls.

That said, if a third option is available when I am up for a new set of rubber, I'll give it a try. <i></i>

Re: New Tyres on the market - demeester - 09-11-2000

p.s. Did you change front and rear, or rear only? After a suitable scrub-in period, let us know which you prefer. <i></i>

Thanx - BigMac088 - 09-11-2000

For the info. Only had to change the rear (for the third time) - front boot is ok. Seems the bus is a lot easier on front tyres than my CBR1000 was 'cos I had to change the front tyre twice for every one rear tyre.

Did not check for the j rating but Mick at BTX knows each tyre and spent some time answering my questions. I will looksee tonight but i expect the J rating will be there (one can hope anyway)

If I have anything worthwhile to report i will post here.. <i></i>

new tyres - C43 - 09-11-2000

I just purchased a 2000 Busa and changed the tyres to Bridgestone BT010's straight away and am extremely happy with ém... I find that they allow you to place a lot more power coming out of a corner than the 56's and inspire a whole lot more confidence in my riding. Mind you I went with a 200 for the rear....
So wholeheartedly I would happily recommend them and the Pilots (which I have on my K1200RS) for high speed biking (on the race track of course :-)). Could not tell you about mileage tho', cause I have had them for 700 kms.... <i></i>

Re: new tyres - busababy - 09-11-2000

the 190 looks mean enough, i wonder how much meaner the 200 looks, how about a picture c43? <i></i>

Re: new tyres - demeester - 10-11-2000

I haven't actually measured it, but someone told me the BT56 while saying 190, is actually closer to 200. Is it easy enough to measure accurately? Exactly where is the measurment? Is it the widest width, or is it the distance "wall to wall" along the surface of the tyre? <i></i>

Re: New Tyres on the market - GLENN - 10-11-2000

The j rateing on some tyres for the Busa has nothing to do with the speed rateing of the tyer it's more a combination of weight and speed to make the tyers closer to the OEM supplied.
SPEED RATEINGS ARE...H RATED UP TO 140
V RATED UP TO 200
Z RATED OVER 200 <i></i>

Re: New Tyres on the market - demeester - 10-11-2000

I thought the "V" and "Z" ratings were just for the States, hence my confusion when I found no mention of "J" rating on the Bridgestone or Dunlop home pages... In fact, now that you mention it, doesn't the Bridgestone say "J" rated, while the D207 says "Hayabusa"? In your opinion, then, there would be no problem running a Michelen Pilot, as long as it has a "Z" rating? Or would you look specifically for a Hayabusa tyre?

Why can't they just say "A", "B", "C" or "140 rated" "200 rated" "300 rated" or whatever? <i></i>

Re: New Tyres on the market - Volvi - 10-11-2000

Have uploaded a couple of scans re tyre ratings from Dunlop. Not that great as are faxed copies. Instead of bringing them down here you can view them at img9.webshots.com/photos40/662/61/6626176UeVGEQENoL_photo.jpg

and img9.webshots.com/photos40/662/61/6626166ffifrdZfAF_photo.jpg <i></i>

I don't know if that helped at all or made it just that bit more confusing - so we need the "W"spec D207 for the front, and the "J"spec for the rear, with the "M" spec for the front being an option if it is in stock still....

Aaaarrgh.... <i></i>

Re: New Tyres on the market - busababy - 10-11-2000

after speaking to some tyre and suzuki dealers it seems that there are only two tyres specifically made for the busa, one being the oem (bridgestone) and the other being the dunlop 207,,

all others, whilst may in fact do the job, are not busa specific therefore, issues relating to safety and warranty may be in conflict in case of an 'incident' ,, <i></i>

Don't use that "OEM" phrase too flipantly, Les. The last time it was used in the incorrect context, some shit really flew... <i></i>

Re: New Tyres on the market - GLENN - 11-11-2000

I HAVE JUST PUT THE PILOT ON MY BIKE AND HOPE TO GET ABOUT 8,000K,S AS HAVE A FEW OTHER BUSA RIDERS I KNOW.. <i></i>

bt56 - C43 - 15-11-2000

you're right BBaby... They actually measure 198 and you are right about the "OEM" rating but there are no insurance issues with Pilots and BT010's according to my insurance companies (meaning as long as they are speed and weight rated...) <i></i>