Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
What Car do you drive - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Non Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Not Bike Related (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What Car do you drive (/showthread.php?tid=17819)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What car do you drive? - Raging - 23-03-2009

Just interested to know what type of cars other busa riders are driving, just to sort of see if what people ride reflect in what people drive, eg need 4 speed etc etc...

Me? At the moment I have a 2008 FG XR6 Turbo and a 2006 Mitsubishi GLX-R Triton.

In the last 5 years I've had:

2007 BF II FPV Typhoon
2006 RV Cruiser Ute
2004 BA XR8 (modded to 330kw)
1983 XE Falcon (351 Clevo, toy car)
1988 XF Falcon ute (work ute)

Think there is another one but I can't remember Lol3 Had another 6 or 7 cars before that, not really worth mentioning though, some were good, some not so good, good memories in them all though..(especially my first car, 1972 HQ station wagon...VERY good memories!)

RE: What car do you drive? - gravy - 23-03-2009

Mate, I've got a BF XR8 2006 Ute. Added extractors. hi flo cats, 2.5" exhaust, K&N, custom tune, advanti medusa rims and getting just over 330kw. Feels slow when u get off the bike and then go for a drive..haha

RE: What car do you drive? - humbussa - 23-03-2009

I drive a 2003 WRX with 3" mandrel exhaust, Turbo smart blow off valve, Sti body kit, short shifter...but as stated feels a little slow after the Busa but i'd put money on the wrx through corners over the bike....nearly as much fun to, my daily driver is a nissan X-trail great car in stock form to flog all day long.
when i was younger had a lot of Gemini's with Turbo's all the bling and a few Gti suzuki's..

RE: What car do you drive? - BUSGO - 23-03-2009

Supercharged Mini Cooper S with hi flow sports air filter, pully reduction kit on the charger and lots of other goodies.
Outstanding in the twisties and not real slow on the straights.
Still no comparison to the busa of course for grunt.
[attachment=5929]

RE: What car do you drive? - Raging - 23-03-2009

Nice choices...I was gonna get a mini cooper s for the better half to drive, or a VW GTi Golf, the twin-charged one...but decided against it while we are still out in the sticks a bit.

Both my cars are leased now, so it removes the temptation to mod, as over the years I have spent soooo much coin on exhausts, air intakes, other performance mods, stereo's, mags and tyres....next time I mod a car I want one I plan to keep.

Thinking about selling my 2 cars and getting a new Land Rover Discovery 3 though...

RE: What car do you drive? - VNSVLE - 23-03-2009

Well at the moment I drive a Datsun 1600 5 speed and a 2002 VX series 2 S pack also have-
VN SV LE
VN LE
VL manual
VL auto
TE SL/E Gemini
TE Gemini
1982 Hilux
Datsun 120Y
1961 FB holden ute
Datsun 1600 auto
Datsun 200b
Datsun 1200 ute
Modified odyssy with an XJ 550 motor in it
and I think that is about it.

RE: What car do you drive? - Raging - 23-03-2009

You have these or had them?! Must have a big yard lol...

I had 2 VL's. First one was written off when a truck pulled out in front of me and I hit him side on. That hurt.

Second one was written off in a head-on with a semi up near Charters Towers, he liked my side of the road better apparently. That one REALLY hurt. No more VL's for me, though I love the Nissan RB30 donk in them, damn near indestructable

RE: What car do you drive? - Louwai - 23-03-2009

Current
2007 Honda Legend. Stock Standard.
Beautiful car to drive.

Before that;
Ford LTD
HSV Grange
Statesman
Mazda 929 V6i (the big one)
MGB Roadster
Mazda 626 Hatch (digital speedo model)
VW Beetle - off road Baja Buggie - I had this old girl for 14yrs. Awesome fun.
Ford XC Sedan 302 4spd
HG Holden sedan. 253 (4brl Holly, stage III heads, o/size bore, extractors, high revving 3spd auto)
Ford XR sedan (1st car)

I think that's all.....

RE: What car do you drive? - pan - 23-03-2009

82 Volvo 245GLE wagon with a "Biker Aware Driver" sticker on the back

RE: What car do you drive? - A^K^T - 24-03-2009

There's a 71 LC GTR (in bits) in the shed and a VY one tonner as the driver .

RE: What car do you drive? - VNSVLE - 24-03-2009

I still have all these. 8 of them (including the odyssy) are at my place the others are out on the farm.

RE: What car do you drive? - bigfoot - 24-03-2009

o.k what does a young 17 year old drive?????

it has to be a 1993 Toyota Corrolla seca with lowered king springs! before that i had an 85 ford laser which i blew up! it just reminds me how much i hate cars!!!!!! but if i had to own a car it would be a Nissan silvia s15 modded to the sh!t house. still rather a busa anyday!!!

RE: What car do you drive? - spares - 24-03-2009

Gidday, haven't piped up before and was waiting for the opportune time and this is it. I drive a nissan patrol with a 3" lift kit and ride the Busa. The 4by because I like to go any where I want to, and the Busa because I want to get other places fast.

RE: What car do you drive? - humbussa - 24-03-2009

spares Wrote:Gidday, haven't piped up before and was waiting for the opportune time and this is it. I drive a nissan patrol with a 3" lift kit and ride the Busa. The 4by because I like to go any where I want to, and the Busa because I want to get other places fast.

Welcome let me be the first to welcome you mate....love the big 4X4's a few of my mates are competing this weekend at milbrodale tuff truck..

RE: What car do you drive? - cheeky - 24-03-2009

have a silver 02 statey with bling chromies and lowered.v8 of course and after market exhaust system and extractors.
also 100 series landcruiser thats hubs car too take too work
recently sold our ss ute.it had all the lurks and perks and red ...
hmm in the paddock two 65 mod benzs
1 73 benz
2 hq utes
1940 chev ute
s type valient
74 corrolla
84 nova
(yes its like a junk yard)
assortment of tractors and implements
and shed full of bikes
esp my 82 xt 500
plus daughters toyota sera..has gull wing doors.imported.new paint job-now im broke