Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Has anyone had a hernia? - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Non Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Not Bike Related (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Has anyone had a hernia? (/showthread.php?tid=17773)

Pages: 1 2

Has anyone had a hernia? - sutur - 13-09-2011

I just found out I have an inguinal hernia and I'm not worried about fixing out, because it's straight forward, but has anyone had a hernia and experienced pain walking upright? This is effectively crippling and no-one else I've spoken to mentions anything about mobility.
Actually I think my busa may have had a part to play in this, I'm thinking of trading for a 2011 zx10r to escape the weight. I don't really want to this is the best bike I've owned, but I'm just not built big enough for a busa.

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - Ward P - 13-09-2011

(13-09-2011, 06:28am)sutur Wrote: I just found out I have an inguinal hernia and I'm not worried about fixing out, because it's straight forward, but has anyone had a hernia and experienced pain walking upright? This is effectively crippling and no-one else I've spoken to mentions anything about mobility.
Actually I think my busa may have had a part to play in this, I'm thinking of trading for a 2011 zx10r to escape the weight. I don't really want to this is the best bike I've owned, but I'm just not built big enough for a busa.

How can the busa cause a hernia? do you pick it up and carry it around the garage? If it's from riding it would not the the weight of the bike, as they are almost neutral when moving, so if it's your riding style it wouldn't change by changing bikes. I've seen some very small girls pushing some pretty big bikes at a fair pace.

Just read up on it, . . not so common in women.
Can be caused by too much sex! (What have you been doin' to your busa??Confused) Lol3

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - Bill Gaheer - 13-09-2011

(13-09-2011, 08:06am)Ward P Wrote: Can be caused by too much sex! (What have you been doin' to your busa??Confused) Lol3

Guess I am never getting hernia....Confused

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - sutur - 13-09-2011

(13-09-2011, 08:06am)Ward P Wrote:
(13-09-2011, 06:28am)sutur Wrote: I just found out I have an inguinal hernia and I'm not worried about fixing out, because it's straight forward, but has anyone had a hernia and experienced pain walking upright? This is effectively crippling and no-one else I've spoken to mentions anything about mobility.

How can the busa cause a hernia? do you pick it up and carry it around the garage? If it's from riding it would not the the weight of the bike, as they are almost neutral when moving, so if it's your riding style it wouldn't change by changing bikes. I've seen some very small girls pushing some pretty big bikes at a fair pace.

Just read up on it, . . not so common in women.
Can be caused by too much sex! (What have you been doin' to your busa??Confused) Lol3

Well...I don't really want to sell it...it just seems wise since I've dropped it twice while walking it around.

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - simmo - 13-09-2011

[/quote]
Well...I don't really want to sell it...it just seems wise since I've dropped it twice while walking it around.
[/quote]

There lye's the problem walking it around, try riding it Lol2
Good luck with the opp, Pi_thumbsup
If you over kids get the nip & cut at the sametime Nerd

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - Aussie Steve - 13-09-2011

I had a hernia fixed recently...year ago near enough... the pain is still excruciating the surgeon...bless him... tried his best but I now have a huge bulge where my willy used to be....did I mention he had to remove it...a common complication so I'm told... I still have nightmares about the used condom found hanging out of my bum after the operation...the surgical team assured me nothing untoward had happened...but I did wonder why they had smirks on their faces as they said it................................Naw! non of this is true other than the hernia op...went without a hitch and no pain at all...I'm still riding the Busa with no problems so I suspect yours will be the same....just make sure the surgeon is not butch............just wondering as you are having pain if the hernia has become strangled...that is the bulge cannot return to its original position due to the tear closing up on it. If this is the case you need to seek immmediate medical assistance...really!!

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - hendrixhc - 13-09-2011

I had a Hernia removed bout 20 years ago now. What i remember of it was that i had a hernia the size of a tennis ball which extended down into me nutsack. I went into surgery to have a "hydrocell" removed and when i came out they siad it was a hernia.

Anyway they had to stitch my nut to my leg so it didnt go in where the hernia came out. I wasnt allowed to get up for 5 days and icouldnt leave hospital til i could shit normally. I dont remember it being overlly painful but you couldnt lift more than 10kg for 6 months. Was on light duties at work for 6 months to.

One thing is you are always concious of what you lift, even now, cause you dont want to stress the "weak spot" ion your gut and do more damage!

P.S. Should mention i was actually born with it and it just got progressively bigger as i got older.

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - BlackLilly - 13-09-2011

My dad had 3 of them, he was in pain all the time and refused to go to the doctors then one night one twisted and become strangled on him, he died twice on the way to the hospital and was in ICU for over a month, he now blames me for it all because he had a fear of hospitals and i was the one that called the ambulance, but does not bother me at least he is still alive to grumble and blame me for things Knuppel2
I hope all goes well for you and you are feeling better and back on your busa soon

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - Aussie Steve - 13-09-2011

As for a weak spot they now put in a lattice of fine mesh...don't know what it is made from... but the wound site grows into the mesh making the site a whole lot stronger...probably be able to take a 50 cal round and not notice it hey!

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - Shifu - 13-09-2011

(13-09-2011, 07:31pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: As for a weak spot they now put in a lattice of fine mesh...don't know what it is made from... but the wound site grows into the mesh making the site a whole lot stronger...probably be able to take a 50 cal round and not notice it hey!

Hopefuly its titanium or at least CF. Would want anything else really Lol3

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - Tony Nitrous - 14-09-2011

I had an inguinal hernia fixed last year.

Didnt ride much shortly before because it was a little painful.
Back onto the bikes 2 weeks later for short lazy rides.
Every thing is fine again now.

You dont need to be big and stong to ride a Busa.
If you "need" mass and muscle its just a poor substitute for ability.

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - sutur - 14-09-2011

Thank you everyone for your input!
It's a relief to hear lots of pain is not out of the ordinary.
I look at my busa every time I walk past my garage, I don't think I could give it away :)

Steve - Its a nylon mesh. They charge up to $750 for it, must be pretty special stuff!

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - pan - 14-09-2011

Don't forget that a ZX10 will probably only weigh 30 odd kgs less... but far less fun.
Doubt the hernia is caused by a Busa!

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - Aussie Steve - 14-09-2011

(14-09-2011, 07:20am)sutur Wrote: Thank you everyone for your input!
It's a relief to hear lots of pain is not out of the ordinary.
I look at my busa every time I walk past my garage, I don't think I could give it away :)

Steve - Its a nylon mesh. They charge up to $750 for it, must be pretty special stuff!

Bastard told me it was unobtanium...ripped off!! lol...it must be very special nylon...he showed me piece...buggered if I could see where $750 goes hey?

RE: Has anyone had a hernia? - Tony Nitrous - 14-09-2011

I had mine done private. Workers comp and good boss paid between them.
In lunchtime and home on the evening.

I was told it will NOT go again on the same side, although some folks
take quite a while to settle back down.

If your the type that suffers from a hernia, some folk are more likely
than others, different gene's and body types, then you'll also be higher
risk than average to get one on the otherside, although there's no
garantee either way. Sort of makes sense.