Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now (/showthread.php?tid=17467)

Pages: 1 2

Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - Heidi1 - 16-07-2011

FARK I love this race

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - Dale - 16-07-2011

Never actually watched it before .. only on youtube.

OMG .. Scary .. Thanks Heidi ..

Cheers .. Dale
Channel One HD in NSW ..

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - Heidi1 - 16-07-2011

HOW GOOD IT IS!! Real bikes doing mad things. I like the jumps. MAN they are brave. And I was thinking, it isn't like a race team could hire a track for a few days and really let their rider get to know it because it is all domestic streets. Those riders would have to just get out there and do it.

WOW

I REALLY want to go one day. They interviewed a QLD woman at the start. She'd freighted her bike to Turkey, then ridden through Turkey, Greece, Italy, France and a few other places to get there. What a ride!!

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - BikerBoy - 16-07-2011

This is my single most favorite motorsport race in the world. My world comes to a standstill when the TT is on.
My boss was there this year (just got back 2 weeks ago) and said it is without a doubt a must attend at least twice before you die.

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - homerbusa - 16-07-2011

could sit an watch it all day..its on my to do list before i kick the bucket..

It is INCREDIBLE! I know I love it, but I always forget how much. Without being disrespectful to people who are able to do something I can only dream about, they make the GP riders look like pussies.

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - CeeJay07 - 16-07-2011

It's on my bucket list, and after chatting to Busaboy (the scottish hoon) about his trip over there, definately going there (hopefully before the fun-police realise how dangerous it is and put a stop to, like they do everything else).

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - BikerBoy - 16-07-2011

(16-07-2011, 02:03pm)Heidi1 Wrote: ........ they make the GP riders look like pussies.

Valentino Rossi was there last year and when asked if he would do it he said "no way!!, these guys are doing the same speeds as me but on a public road. They are all just crazy".

TT Champion John McGuiness said "yeah you just run it on the redline in 6th and try to keep it staight as you get airborne over the crest then watch out for the wall as you lean into the right hander.........."

And watching the riders being interviewed, was it my imagination or are they slightly older than GP riders? None of them looked 14 to me.

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - ducsguts - 16-07-2011

its the best race. watch it all the time,those riders have got some guts thats forsure and never get sick of watching older races either. just shame Cam Donald is not on a suzuki anymore

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - aussiemonster - 16-07-2011

Looks like we'll have to keep an eye on the TV guide as they've got it on at strange times spread over the week. Yay for TV recorders!

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - Heidi1 - 17-07-2011

Post up if it is on, I'm dead keen for any of it.

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - Landmine - 17-07-2011

Yahoo TV Guide is best sellect city and go down to One. On today WA 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Canberra today Sunday 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM let me know if you miss it.

(17-07-2011, 12:09am)Heidi1 Wrote: Post up if it is on, I'm dead keen for any of it.

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - Greeny_SA - 17-07-2011

Isle Of Mann on HD 1 1-30 pm In SA Sunday 17 th .

RE: Isle of Mann on Eleven right now - Madmax - 17-07-2011

(17-07-2011, 12:09am)Heidi1 Wrote: Post up if it is on, I'm dead keen for any of it.

The Isle Of Mann TT bike race is about to start on "One"

You just gotta be there!