Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend (/showthread.php?tid=17231)

Pages: 1 2

What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - RyanG - 19-05-2011

As the title says, today i rode home with my "dririder" jacket and gloves and by the time i got home i was wringing wet!!! admitadly i have the ventilator 2 jacket (with the liner in) and the water ran down my arms and into my gloves, but got me thinking, what gear/jacket/gloves/pants etc does everyone use for wet weather??

Living in QLD means that since about this time last year we have probably had 6 hours of sunshine and about 30000mm of rain.....

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - Greeny_SA - 19-05-2011

When you live in the driest state in the driest continent in the world, SA, You don't see a lot of it, but I find if you stay home when it rain's you don't get wet .

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - Belzybob - 19-05-2011

(19-05-2011, 05:29pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: When you live in the driest state in the driest continent in the world, SA, You don't see a lot of it, but I find if you stay home when it rain's you don't get wet .

I was about to say "the lounge room", but you sorta beat me to it!

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - TCB - 19-05-2011

G'day Ryan,i rode home this afternoon ,wasn't raining as i left work ,but poured down 1/2 way home and where was my dririder wet weather suit? ,nice and dry in the panniers,didn't get a chance to pull over and get my wet weather gear out .ride safe mate,Paul .

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - Dale - 19-05-2011

(19-05-2011, 05:30pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(19-05-2011, 05:29pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: When you live in the driest state in the driest continent in the world, SA, You don't see a lot of it, but I find if you stay home when it rain's you don't get wet .

I was about to say "the lounge room", but you sorta beat me to it!

I was goin to say "the weather report on the net" if it says rain then take the car. Seriously Ryan, I don't think any wet weather gear actually keeps you dry. That rain is a sneeky bugger .. if you wrapped yourself in gladwrap, I reckon it would still get in. But .. for the record, I only have a pair of dririder pants to pull over my jeans. I hate riding with wet nuts Lol3

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - hendrixhc - 19-05-2011

I got Dririder pants, a Rjays jacket and and alpine star boots. I rode the great ocean road in the wet and the only thing that got wet was around the wrists.

I also got a dririder jacket but only wear that in good weather cause i dont find it as water resistant, even tho it is supposed to be.

I agree tho, i dont go riding if i know it is gunna rain. To hard to clean the bike up!

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - mgbusa - 19-05-2011

Ive got Dainese stuff and have found it works pretty well. Yep its expensive I guess but down here in Vic when its not only wet but add some cold to things and being on the bike can suck, especially at (ahem) speed. To be fair I havent used much else in the way of wet weather gear but I have used this stuff through winter and in some horrendously torrential weather out in the country and Ive come through both dry and reasonably warm. It may sound obvious perhaps but spending the time buttoning, zipping and generally lashing all the pockets, flaps etc down and making sure stuff like the dual liners of your gloves are sorted properly goes a long way to keeping the water/cold out. Also as a man with a shaved head I also have a couple of those man made silk balaclavas which are worn easily under your helmet and go along way to keeping the wind out when the temps are in the single figures ( not such an issue in QLD I realise). So yes Id happily recommend Dainese stuff.
Cheers
MGBUSA

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - BEAU - 19-05-2011

I've got a Dririder one piece (condom suit) as I call it. Thin, just jump in and your away and it works. Cheap to.

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - RYDRZ - 20-05-2011

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - Vellaterra - 20-05-2011

Whilst I was at Phillip Isl last year I came accross a set of winter/wet whether gear by Matador. I paid $350.00 for the two piece suit which consisted of a winter lining and the pads built in. I think this was an Introductory price as they were on display at the exabition hall. The thing I like about it is that its got a zipper in the back that attaches to the pant, keeping the fit nice and tight. Its got a lot of utility pockets and also a rear "bum bag" for the pillion rider. Its also got vents zips. Its not 100% water proof, but what is. It copes really well in the rain but water did penertrate once on a huge rain storm. Its been great this winter as well.

[Image: 0857eada.jpg]

[Image: 368f5f75.jpg]

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - Timmy_0_T00l - 20-05-2011

i have a dri rider jacket $400, the outside zip is broken so a little bit of water get in there, i have a pair of alpinstars SP5 (i think) $70 and you could go diving in them and still have dry hands, just make sure that the arms of your jackeet are on top of the gloves otherwise water will dribble into the insides of your gloves, and i have pair of motodry pants that are good but im heavy rain i always get a wet crotch,they were $200, and i recently bought a pair of Rjays over pants for $30, but havent tried them out yet and my boots have holes in them so i wont tell u what they are cus there useless

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - bazman - 20-05-2011

I juz use my "work issue" wet weather gear.....not ideal, but quick & easy to put on, and works well in a light to medium rainfall! In a really heavy downpour, I'm screwed (...juz like mostly everyone else)!!! Pi_freak

Coolsmiley

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - Landmine - 20-05-2011

For a short ride home can get away with light over wet weather gear for longer rides I use Nordic dri rider and Alphine Stars water proof boots and glooves. I noted that you said the water runs down your arms into your glooves. I had this problem as well and thought it logical to wear the glooves over the jacket. I noticed a fellow rider from work put his jacket over the glooves and tried this in wet weather. This worked.
Seems to be that water was pooling on the jacket sleeves and when stopped for lights it ran down into my glooves.
(19-05-2011, 05:23pm)RyanG Wrote: As the title says, today i rode home with my "dririder" jacket and gloves and by the time i got home i was wringing wet!!! admitadly i have the ventilator 2 jacket (with the liner in) and the water ran down my arms and into my gloves, but got me thinking, what gear/jacket/gloves/pants etc does everyone use for wet weather??

Living in QLD means that since about this time last year we have probably had 6 hours of sunshine and about 30000mm of rain.....

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - Gordo - 20-05-2011

I have some RST overpants and a jacket. They are pretty good and the fit is good (better than Dririders for me). They are the warmest I have ever found though.

RE: What wet weather gear does everyone use/reccommend - RyanG - 20-05-2011

Yeah I have the dri-rider thinsulate gloves with the little wiper on the finger, didn't even think about putting the gloves inside the jacket, I figured the rain would run up the sleeves... I'll give it a go cheers...

I get caught in the rain as I use the busa as my daily commuter, I don't have a car to take if I wanted to!!

Perhaps also a better/warmer jacket and a set of over pants will do the trick. Cheers everyone.