Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Track Days / Drag Racing (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. (/showthread.php?tid=16240)

Pages: 1 2

Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - BEAU - 23-11-2010

Hey guys and girls.

Is anyone doing the PI ride day on the 16th-17th of Dec?

Im trying to get down and would love to meet other club members if they are attending.

It'll be my first time there so i'll be slow classing it up for at least the first day. Drool Scary Trophy

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - BEAU - 24-11-2010

No one hey? To close too xmas for you guys??

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - Timmy_0_T00l - 29-11-2010

if the weathers good i might come down to watch, dont really trust myself enough to do a track day yet

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - BikerBoy - 29-11-2010

Unfortunately, I have just confirmed that while being on a 12 month loss of licence I can't participate in track days.
That really sucks!!!!!

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - ROD - 29-11-2010

I might pop dow down and give you some Sideline support im looking at doing some track Days Soon Pi_thumbsup

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - Ward P - 29-11-2010

(29-11-2010, 07:40am)BikerBoy Wrote: Unfortunately, I have just confirmed that while being on a 12 month loss of licence I can't participate in track days.
That really sucks!!!!!

Wtf
I just checked this as it seemed a little stupid!!! - but Nah! you are correct!

- Is it possible to just not tell them? Surely they will just look at the licence and not check? why volunteer info?

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - ROD - 29-11-2010

(29-11-2010, 08:46pm)Ward P Wrote:
(29-11-2010, 07:40am)BikerBoy Wrote: Unfortunately, I have just confirmed that while being on a 12 month loss of licence I can't participate in track days.
That really sucks!!!!!

Wtf

- Is it possible to just not tell them? Surely they will just look at the licence and not check? why volunteer info?

Bike insurance is not a problem as you are not covered anyway but if the worst was to happen and you took someone out i think they would sue your but .
I had to sign form just to watch so i would say you would have to sign having a clean licence

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - BikerBoy - 29-11-2010

That really sucks!!!!!

Wtf

The Police physically took my licence off me on the spot, so I've got nothing to show. I contacted PI track days and spoke to the admin staff and they need to see a licence to let me ride. So unless VicRoads would be kind enough to just print me another, there is little I can do.

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - BEAU - 29-11-2010

If they dont let me in ill be turnin the beach road into a racetrack!!! Would be good to meet up with anyone from the forum there, i cant make the annual this year. Ive never been on a racetrack in my life, but what better opp to fang like f#@k (in the slow bracket!) and practice your breaking tech's hey? And turn one scares me just thinkin of it-as dose the thought of binnin my baby.

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - bazman - 30-11-2010

(29-11-2010, 09:01pm)BikerBoy Wrote:
That really sucks!!!!!

Wtf

The Police physically took my licence off me on the spot, so I've got nothing to show. I contacted PI track days and spoke to the admin staff and they need to see a licence to let me ride. So unless VicRoads would be kind enough to just print me another, there is little I can do.

I think there is a way around this little prob, if u can be bothered to do a bit of paperwork.....

I'm not 100% sure, but if the organisation conducting the track day has an affiliation with "Motorcycling Australia", you may STILL be able to do track days withOUT a normal state driving/riding license......if you obtain a Motorcycling Australia "RACE" license.

BUT I DO STRESS >>>> check with the track day operator before you decide to do this!!!

Might be worth ur while if ur off the road for a while and still wanna have a bit of fun....

Coolsmiley

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - BikerBoy - 30-11-2010

Thanks Bazman.

I did ask them the question that if I had a 'race licence' could I ride but they said because PI Ride Days are not associated with MA then NO. The Race licence is only applicable at PI for Open Practice Days in which I would have to be a Club member and part of a Race Team to participate.

I'm going to contact VicRoads first to see what or If they can do anything, but I'm not going to give up finding a way.

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - BEAU - 30-11-2010

Booked in for the 16th-waiting list for the 17th.

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - BEAU - 17-12-2010

Clap Clap Clap ok so I just done a PI ride day yesterday and what a rush! All I did was turn the fork preloads up three turns to try to match the rear and lower the tyres to 30 psi front and rear.

What a difference!

It was my first ever time on a track (slow group) but I had a friend timing me. Got down to a 2:04:8. Yes and was overtaking plenty of 600's in the turns-soft cocks. Had the best time on two wheels ever.

Blasting past 1000s down the straight at 280+ was such a laugh!

The conti race attacks with warmers I was using were nothing short of fantastic. No chicken strips after the second session.

Anyone in vic who has not done a PI ride day I can't say how much you should go and do one. Everyones abilitys are catered for and you even get a bloke to put you through your steering motions if you wish. I did and learnt a bit.

Even met a nice bloke there who has an 06 Busa that I gave a card to so he may be your mate soon-we were that busy talking about bikes that we didn't introduce ourselves.

Thanks to Pete for the flash job, last I looked I hit 11.5rmp and was as smooth as f*&^ing silk.

That's about all I can say as I'm still tingling from it.

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - pan - 17-12-2010

That tingle will last for days...

Glad you enjoyed it. Post up some pics if you get them...

RE: Phillip Island Dec 16th-17th. - Ward P - 17-12-2010

(17-12-2010, 03:10pm)BJK1 Wrote: Clap Clap Clap ok so I just done a PI ride day yesterday and what a rush! All I did was turn the fork preloads up three turns to try to match the rear and lower the tyres to 30 psi front and rear.

What a difference!

It was my first ever time on a track (slow group) but I had a friend timing me. Got down to a 2:04:8. Yes and was overtaking plenty of 600's in the turns-soft cocks. Had the best time on two wheels ever.

Blasting past 1000s down the straight at 280+ was such a laugh!

The conti race attacks with warmers I was using were nothing short of fantastic. No chicken strips after the second session.

Anyone in vic who has not done a PI ride day I can't say how much you should go and do one. Everyones abilitys are catered for and you even get a bloke to put you through your steering motions if you wish. I did and learnt a bit.

Even met a nice bloke there who has an 06 Busa that I gave a card to so he may be your mate soon-we were that busy talking about bikes that we didn't introduce ourselves.

Thanks to Pete for the flash job, last I looked I hit 11.5rmp and was as smooth as f*&^ing silk.

That's about all I can say as I'm still tingling from it.

Pi_thumbsup now that is what life is all about! Yes

BTW - I reckon it's the best time ever . . . even when not on two wheels!