Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Pirelli Angel ST - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Pirelli Angel ST (/showthread.php?tid=15959)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pirelli Angel ST - ROD - 09-10-2010

Has anyone tried a set of these Pirelli Angel ST in the performance set ?

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - Greeny_SA - 09-10-2010

One of the SA blokes tried a set & his description in one word, rubbish .

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - ROD - 09-10-2010

Thanks Greeny for bumping up that other thread tried to find something on them but could not.
i might stick with the Avon storm st Pi_thumbsup

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - Greeny_SA - 09-10-2010

The same bloke went back to avons .The new ultra 2's are even better .

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - daaef - 10-10-2010

That's the first time i've heard such bad feedback on these tyres. Hadn't heard a bad word on these online or by someone who's had them.

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - king 62 - 10-10-2010

i all most got them put on,but thay could not get then in on time,so he talked me in to pilot 2,HATE THEM,but i meet a bloke a few days latter that had the angels on his busa and said thay are shit,SO BACK TO THE AVONS 4 MEPi_thumbsupBiker

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - alpal - 17-10-2010

(10-10-2010, 07:49pm)daaef Wrote: That's the first time i've heard such bad feedback on these tyres. Hadn't heard a bad word on these online or by someone who's had them.
+1 Seems to be a lot of he said, she said, have not seen bad feed back here from anyone here running these tyres, me I am on second angel rear and about to chuck front, rear is better than anything else I have had which is Bridgestone BT015, BT016, Michelin PP2CT. Front does lack feel but has not given me any bad moments and is now worn out, done around 13000ks and rear about 12000 before rooted double mileage of others. Go riding with Yamaha FJ1200 that has Avons, doesn't blow wind up my arse in twisty stuff and he is trying Angels next so buggered if I know how others are shitcanning tyre.

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - Tristo - 14-01-2011

Actually, I am putting Pirelli Angel ST's on my busa in a couple of weeks. The reveiws I have come across praise the longevity of the compound and the performance in wet weather while also complimenting the dry weather performance we all bought a busa for. If you only want track day performance, these aren't for you. But if you want confidence in wet/slippery/gritty conditions and a tyre that will see 12,000-15,000km, these are the goods. The only real competition for these needs are Dunlop Roadsmarts, but they can apparently be a little dicey as you flick from one lean angle over to the other. They are similarly priced with same performance, but this part put me off them.

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - John - 14-01-2011

(14-01-2011, 05:52pm)Tristo Wrote: tyre that will see 12,000-15,000km

Who gets 15,000km out of a set of tyres??? What do they whom get 15,000km inflate their tyres to 50+psi? Or maybe you all ride like girls and should be riding a Harley... Pi_tongue

I'm lucky to get 4,000km out of a set of tyres, but I don't buy tyres for longevity. I buy tyres that will give me confidence no matter how I choose to ride. I don't think that looking for longevity is the best way to look at tyres, we didn't buy a Busa for fuel economy, so why would you buy tyres that sacrifice grip and safety for economy?

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - Troopmaster - 14-01-2011

I dunno what you guys see in Avons, i used to use them predominatly when i was Drag Racing, due to the way they were wound it would allow for a greater "Footprint" on the track.
I used AV 45's etc years ago out at Mallala on a 98ZX9R, always spinning and sliding exiting corners, even with me on it!

They, in my eyes were my undoing on a couple of occasions on the track.

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - BEAU - 14-01-2011

(14-01-2011, 06:39pm)John Wrote:

Who gets 15,000km out of a set of tyres??? What do they whom get 15,000km inflate their tyres to 50+psi? Or maybe you all ride like girls and should be riding a Harley... Pi_tongue

I'm lucky to get 4,000km out of a set of tyres, but I don't buy tyres for longevity. I buy tyres that will give me confidence no matter how I choose to ride. I don't think that looking for longevity is the best way to look at tyres, we didn't buy a Busa for fuel economy, so why would you buy tyres that sacrifice grip and safety for economy?

+1

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - Busdriver - 14-01-2011

I've been running the Avon Storm ST front and rear for about 3 or 4 sets now. Consistantly getting 14,000 kilometres out of them. Tyre pressures are 42 front and rear as recommended by the bike and tyre manafacturer. No issues at all.

But then people say I ride like a girl ... which is insulting to some of the girls I know

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - BLACKZOOK - 14-01-2011

(14-01-2011, 07:28pm)Busdriver Wrote: I've been running the Avon Storm ST front and rear for about 3 or 4 sets now. Consistantly getting 14,000 kilometres out of them. Tyre pressures are 42 front and rear as recommended by the bike and tyre manafacturer. No issues at all.

But then people say I ride like a girl ... which is inslting to some of the girls I know

Les its been a while mate, gunna have to organise a BBQ here soon so we can catch up mate.

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - CeeJay07 - 14-01-2011

(14-01-2011, 07:28pm)Busdriver Wrote:

I've been running the Avon Storm ST front and rear for about 3 or 4 sets now. Consistantly getting 14,000 kilometres out of them. Tyre pressures are 42 front and rear as recommended by the bike and tyre manafacturer. No issues at all.

But then people say I ride like a girl ... which is inslting to some of the girls I know

I got 10,000 out of Michelin Pilot Road 2CT's.......put the same on again recently.....my riding has downscaled to "somewhat feminine"....not ride like a girl, but damn close!!!

RE: Pirelli Angel ST - Tristo - 05-02-2011

Ordered a set of these today at last. Am very keen to see what a world record holding tyre is like to ride with.