Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Turbo Talk (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. (/showthread.php?tid=15541)

Pages: 1 2

Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - Chino - 11-08-2010

HI, just a quick question,
Will a Busa fitted with a turbo pass a roadworthy inspection in Victoria?

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - bazman - 11-08-2010

hey Chino,

PM arthur dunga (Dave).....he should be able to help ya with that one!

keep it fun,
bazman.
Coolsmiley

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - Axe - 11-08-2010

Same question in WA???
any takers???

Axe

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - arthur dunga - 11-08-2010

Don't know, my guess would be probably not . I repaired the bike got a VIV , roadworthy & rego then fitted stuff . Someone on here should be able to say.

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - m8ee - 12-08-2010

nope

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - Maj - 12-08-2010

You would need a engineers certificate
Stupid thing is ...my engineer , when i tried getting my first bike rwc with turbo installed, said there was no need for a certificate , so i ring the rwc guy and he said if the engineer can confirm that by phone or in writing then he would issue the rwc, then when i get there .. no rwc without certificate, ... what a pain in the ass...

any bikes i have had anything to do with are worked on as race vehicles only ...no attempt is made to comply with any regs or standards if the owner wants to put it on the street the responsibility lies with him or her to meet roads/insurance/epa, etc

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - Maj - 12-08-2010

Ok i talked to my engineer again and asked him to check exactly the requirements with vic roads
Just like cars , have to demonstrate the brakes/frame/etc are capable of the hp levels, no heat issues on fairing etc, and normal rwc stuff applies , think i will look into this further in oct when i can dedicate some time to it..

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - Chino - 12-08-2010

Thanks for the input guys.
I'm gonna try hard to ring an engineer or two tomorrow.
Vicroads accredited engineers are; http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/91945745-BFDD-47B1-98C6-18482C3AB04E/0/VASSListforpublication30June2010.pdf

Surely it can't be too hard??? Bugger all weight added, not enough to affect handling or braking at legal speeds???

Hopefully more details to follow soon.

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - BLACKZOOK - 12-08-2010

:-) Find a frendly rego bloke and ride it sensibly round town and you shouldnt have any trouble

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - Maj - 13-08-2010

Jeff Watters is the guy looking into it for me
wonder if we can get a package deal ;)

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - simmo - 13-08-2010

If you put the hair dryer on a new bike no RTA inspection for 5 years Pi_thumbsup

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - Maj - 13-08-2010

We don't have inspections anyway or at least not untill the vehicle s defected or sold,

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - Macbusa - 13-08-2010

(13-08-2010, 03:08pm)Maj Wrote: We don't have inspections anyway or at least not untill the vehicle s defected or sold,

same with QLD

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - Chino - 25-09-2010

O.k. I e-mailed all of the Vicroads accredited engineers, a dozen or so. Five got back to me. Two stated that they did not want to be involved. One said it would be $280.00 for the initial inspection and "go from there". Another wanted to clarify before and after H.p figures then do strength testing of the chassis and all sorts of wonderful stuff. The last guy i dealt with seemed reasonable. Visual inspection. If the overall weight was increased by less than 5% no braking test required and was happy to go off suzuki spec sheets for the "before" weight and a weigh bridge printout for the "after" weight. Approx $500.00 all up. Depending on the bike the biggest hassle could be that everything has to meet A.D.R.s (Undertail, indicators, exhaust decibel reading etc etc)

RE: Turbo's & Vic R.W.C. - sutur - 26-09-2010

Sounds reasonable. If you've got the cash for a turbo, you can cough up $500 and add a full exhaust system for the sound...right?