Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Anyone need tools for tuning? - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Technical Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Anyone need tools for tuning? (/showthread.php?tid=1546)

Anyone need tools for tuning? - Slong - 25-10-2006

After playing around with the Busa more and with the prospect of limited funds, I'm now considering getting the tools to do the tune that I normally pay for.
I already knew from the manual that i'd need a thingy mentioned in the TPS thread to measure vacuum, the price sounds good to me.

Now I just thought, if anyone else is interested I can organise a group buy of sorts.

Is there anything else that I need? I already have a good multimeter, but I also need a good way to measure RPM.
My Tacho is still out by ~100RPM ever since I modded my LEDs and I haven't been bothered to fix it [speedo is set perfectly].

Anyone know what else I can use to measure RPM?

Anyone want a the sync tool for their throttle bodies?
www.carbtune.com/index.html

I'm pretty set on getting one, the more the merrier.

<i></i>

Re: Anyone need tools for tuning? - TomRux - 25-10-2006

that there good multimeter you got do frequency ????? "No Fear" Just means you aint goin quick enough yet !!!!!
<i></i>

Re: Anyone need tools for tuning? - Slong - 25-10-2006

No but I've got an old oscilloscope.
Can I tap off a couple points and hook it up to something?
My multimeter is not 'good' to that level <i></i>

Re: Anyone need tools for tuning? - Maj750t - 26-10-2006

Jon count me in for the carbtune, they have been a Gunna for a while but i haven't done anything about it.

<i></i>

Re: Anyone need tools for tuning? - gazza414 - 26-10-2006

Way to go..think Volvi bought a set not long ago <i></i>

Re: Anyone need tools for tuning? - hawkwind racing - 27-10-2006

Im in as well also very tempted by the fiber optic scope ,
Gary <i></i>

Re: Anyone need tools for tuning? - Slong - 28-10-2006

Cool,
3 is much better than one.
I'll be looking at ordering them on the 16th of November [after I get paid].
Hope that's not too late for you all - I imagine they'd be in time for Christmas.

<i></i>

Re: Anyone need tools for tuning? - Volvi - 28-10-2006

once ordered and paid for their delivery is pretty quick. <i></i>

Re: Anyone need tools for tuning? - hawkwind racing - 03-11-2006

Slong email me lsr350@hotmail.com how you want me to fix ya up for the carb tuners
Gary <i></i>

Re: Anyone need tools for tuning? - hawkwind racing - 31-12-2006

Slong did you end up getting these ???
Gary <i></i>

dx - Slong - 15-01-2007

Hey guys,
I know it's been a while, I haven't gotten one still because of $ flow issues unfortunately.
I did email the guy about a group purchase but there wasn't one available for our numbers, plus we ran the risk of import tax when buying multiple units.

I believe www.mpr.com.au sell them albeit at a more expensive price. <i></i>