Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
longest k's between tyre changes - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: longest k's between tyre changes (/showthread.php?tid=14099)

longest k's between tyre changes - rob - 19-12-2009

woot woot!!
wassup homie's
hahahaha
hope you all have a merry christmas
just wanted to say i love my pilot power 2ct or whatever the new ones are called.
12000k's outta the front- replaced last service.
still going on the rear 15000k's so far and only noticed a little rear wheel slipping in the wet tonight as i accelerated out of a u turn...
daily commute 15k's each way, some turns mostly straight lines, and still plenty of tread left .....

what's the most you have had out of a tyre and what was it?

cheers
Rob..

p.s.. i've been told i need to grow up and should sell the bike and get a car as it will be better for the family... anyone want the most unluckiest busa in the world? can only be good luck left now.....
hahahaha

Peace out and have a safe happy holidays my fellow brothers and sisters....

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - VNSVLE - 20-12-2009

My best so far was a BT021 at approx 5000km. Got the Pilot road 2ct on now hoping for a lot more than that :)

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - Louwai - 20-12-2009

Commuting similar to you.

Rear - Pilot Road's. 21000klm.
Front - Metzler M3. 13000klm.

Currently running 2ct's front & rear & so far a very good wear.

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - Champs - 20-12-2009

18000 rear BT016 original stock tyre - commuting, hill rides, and one blast weekend (Shredder sponsored!)
22000 front original tyre - same riding as the rear one surprisingly

Also gone to 2ct's front and rear, but not expecting the same out of the rear at least

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - Volvi - 20-12-2009

front usually about 20k rear about 12-13k with pilot power. going to pilot road next on the rear.

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - TimF - 20-12-2009

About 5500klm from rear Pilot Power 2CT, about double that front the front.

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - arthur dunga - 20-12-2009

Pilot Power 2CT on the back has given me the most klm's of anything else i've run. Best alrounder for the Busa me thinks.

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - Blocky - 29-01-2010

bto16 ,5000kms worn down pass legal......great tyres but its getting costly.

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - evilRasp - 29-01-2010

Front, PP2CT, 8,000
Rear, Pilot Road 2CT, 16,000

Couple of track days thrown in there, but otherwise all at the commuting and a bit of time in the hills.

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - mybb - 09-02-2010

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - BikerBoy - 09-02-2010

On my daily runner (GSX650F) I've done 20,000k on a set of Pilot Road 2CT and still going. Holding out to next service but should make it easy.

RE: longest k's between tyre changes - 09Fatboy - 10-02-2010

Quote:On my daily runner (GSX650F) I've done 20,000k

that's impressive BB , i managed around between 4k - 6k k's on my tyres on old F.

On the new gen 2 i got approx 4k from the rear , the front is still going 6k + ! (factory fitted bridstones)

I've yet to wear the outside of the tyre in first before the middle.