Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
what needs to be done - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Technical Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: what needs to be done (/showthread.php?tid=1338)

Pages: 1 2

what needs to be done - bandit17172 - 27-03-2006

guys some help i have been looking around the site looking at what you guys have done to your bikes .what i want to know is there anything becides the sidestand mod that realy needs doing or will leaving my busa stock be enough,as i am not a mechanical genius its hard to work out what i need to do and what isn,t really needed? <i></i>

Re: what needs to be done - Volvi - 27-03-2006

youve already got a great bike without mods or bling. but slowly over time youll find theres a few things youll want to do with it and that too is part of all the enjoyment. so take your time no rush and youll pick up bits and pieces what to do to suit your taste. <i></i>

what needs to be done - Fat Busa Racing 1347 - 27-03-2006

1500+cc , 6 inch over swing arm, and a 50 shot of NOS.

That'll get ya smoking........... .............

Just being silly.............as above take your time and have fun

Then go and flog it down at your local Drag Strip

Regards Richard.................... .................. .... <i></i>

Re: what needs to be done - bandit17172 - 27-03-2006

thats pretty much what i thought...thanks guys <i></i>

Re: what needs to be done - Volvi - 28-03-2006

having said what I said above. one of the first mods I did was the BTL - Back Torque Limiter, youll find when at lights and you want to launch you instead stall. the clutch is very picky either your on or off so to speak. BTL's are done by having the inner ring welded. Im not in love with that concept but thats what I have on mine. If you can find a billet BTL (currently as rare as hens teeth) once supplied from the states not sure if they make them anymore, Id trust the billet one more.

Now mines the old '99 bike, so how necessary BTL mod is for the later bikes I havent a clue, perhaps later model owners can add theyre collective advice if worthwhile.

Then theres the air box mod but thats another chapter and questionable if worthwhile doing. <i></i>

Will on the year of your bike... - Throwdown - 28-03-2006

My favourite mods are the HID headlight and LED lights all round. I have a '00 with charging problems, and that lot has cut power demand in half, and made the thing liveable.

If you have a '99 or '00 and carry a pillion, maybe change the subframe.

Undertail looks nice.

I need that BLT mod. What's it cost? <i></i>

Re: Will on the year of your bike... - Volvi - 28-03-2006

cost of welding and labour maybe $75-100, better trying to find a billet one tho they went for 200 i think
<i></i>

Re: Will on the year of your bike... - bandit17172 - 28-03-2006

WHAT EXACTLY NEEDS WELDING VOLVI AS I AM A WELDER/FABRICATOR?
Rob <i></i>

Re: Will on the year of your bike... - pan - 28-03-2006

First mods I was told are MUST DO, were a headlamp protector ($30) and radiator guard ($180, or some just fit their own mesh). Little investment but can save big bucks when you ride out on the highway...
"riding, not posting... as much"<i></i>

Re: Will on the year of your bike... - Volvi - 28-03-2006

i cant direct you to the part maybe someone else can. <i></i>

Re: Will on the year of your bike... - pan - 28-03-2006

Hey Bandit, start a different thread in this technical section labelled "welding up your clutch" and someone who knows may answer your question...
"riding, not posting... as much"<i></i>

Will on the year of your bike... - MacBusa - 28-03-2006

undertail... or cut that big ugly flap of your tail..

it you cut.. it cost vertually nothing and makes the busa even better..

I buy 'treats' for my busa.. a part here and there, it keeps you well interested and also sooo proud cause you always have new parts on it... Regards
Grant

www.blingpartsaustralia.com.au

My pride and joy<i></i>

headlight and radiator protecters underway and a new screen.
Dont think i'll bother with the cluch mod,easy enough to weld
not real keen on pulling her apart shes still all new and shinny.have the mesh for vent mods ...so i guess i'll just do the little things first.would cutting the tail affect my warranty? <i></i>

Re: Will on the year of your bike... - kawasuki - 28-03-2006

When your finnished with the little things, give me a call.
Shocks
Wheels
Brakes
Levers
Carbon fibre fairing kit
C/F front fenders and rear hugger
Exhaust systems
Oil.
All at discount prices but dont tell the rest of the members.
Especially Astro ? and Bill they dont buy enought to get a discount.. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>

gee thanks kawa and dont worry i wont tell anyone <i></i>