Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
gen2 stock dyno run - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Gen.II (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: gen2 stock dyno run (/showthread.php?tid=11703)

Pages: 1 2

gen2 stock dyno run - spamanglenn - 25-02-2009

I saw a dead stock gen2,s dyno printout today in the same dyno i,ve been using.168hp/100ft/lbs torque.Thats the first dyno printout ive seen that tells the truth.The rest are just marketing hype to get you to come back.A stock gen 1 on this dyno makes high 140,s and one with a pipe makes about 158-9hp and about 97-99 ft/lbs.A gen2 with a yosh r77 full system made 176hp and 102ft/lbs.

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - larra - 26-02-2009

Every dyno is different and are useful only,if done on the same dyno and preferably on the same day.I agree that most dynoes read high,but for me they can still tell the difference between 1 and 11 gen. bikes and before and after modifications.
My dyno numbers were about 20 hp higher stock than stcock 1st gen.
and after t- force,dna,and a pc3 it made an extra 16 hp Smitten they all done on the same dyno.

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - BUSGO - 26-02-2009

My bike shreds tyres fast.
The Gen II one does it a lot quicker than the Gen 1 did.

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - spamanglenn - 26-02-2009

its heavier and bt015s are softer than a bt56 tyre and the motors got more torque= faster tyre wear.

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - Scilaci - 26-02-2009

spamanglenn Wrote:its heavier and bt015s are softer than a bt56 tyre and the motors got more torque= faster tyre wear.

So can anyone tell me exactly what horsepower a standard gen2 makes please??
Cheers

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - BUSGO - 26-02-2009

@ Scilaci - I'd say refer to Glen's 1st post.
Other dynos are more generous and have been known to show up to 176hp @ rear wheel.

@ Spamanglen - I was being a smart arse.

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - Scilaci - 26-02-2009

BUSGO Wrote:@ Scilaci - I'd say refer to Glen's 1st post.
Other dynos are more generous and have been known to show up to 176hp @ rear wheel.

@ Spamanglen - I was being a smart arse.

yeah took that on board just thought i ask to get a cross section on different outputs!! I am spewing i didnt dyno mine to see the output after i did the pipes/tune/air filter..

if you can ride,take it to the drags and see what mph it does,weigh the bike and you and punch it into a horsepower calculator on the net.It will give you a quite accurate indication of the horsepower the bike makes.

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - rctunesit - 26-02-2009

spamanglenn Wrote:if you can ride,take it to the drags and see what mph it does,weigh the bike and you and punch it into a horsepower calculator on the net.It will give you a quite accurate indication of the horsepower the bike makes.

Tell Me Glen, how do these calculators taking in account for different rolling resistance and aero drag?
i mean did you punch in these 2 varibles then they gave you the output power based on weight and mph.

Did they also ask for barro pressure and humidity?

sorry glen they are a rough indication at best.

Pi_tongue

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - ohdear - 26-02-2009

Ive been using them for 2 years and they,ve been on the money.When the air is bad the bike goes slower and makes less horsepower.when the air is good the bike picks up horsepower and goes faster.Don,t dynos have correction factors for that very reason?I dropped 6 kg and it said i would pick up just over 1mph in the same air quality.With the same air pressure in the back tyre i picked up 1.3mph.If you ride your bike consistently and shift at the same points you can detect a change.Ive been riding my bike for a long time,i guess i,m getting consistent at it.Besides they are a good crystal ball to punch in alot of what if, scenarios that keep your brain ticking over as to the possibilities, all provided you can hold the throttle pinned.No the one i use doesn,t tell you what time you will do in a given air quality, there are formulas that will tell you your hp change that you could enter.I would think it a good idea for you to bring your weather station when you race and log that for the night,some nights are just crap and some are surreal.the night simmo first had his pipe on his gen 2 everyone was going fast.After 3 years i at least know there are certain months of the year when the opportunity to go faster than ever before is available if you and your bike are race sharp. Yes i agree thats a rough indicator,i aint tellin you which months though.Pi_tongue

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - simmo - 27-02-2009

spamanglenn Wrote:.the night simmo first had his pipe on his gen 2 everyone was going fast.

I can still see your & Chris’s faces a year or more later, Just had the new pipe fitted, the first run it launched up it the air did almost the whole length of the track on the rear wheel on and off the throttle & came back with a low 9.8 or high 9.7, both your jaws hit the ground it’s something I'll never forget: Ghastly it was a funny night & it was the best air contition night we have ever had

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - Legend - 27-02-2009

Glenn,

Those calculators would only give you a average hp figure not outright, its also based on a wheelybared bike usually.(although that might not influence it much)

Work out how much Hp you have at 195mph at 350kgs and see what result you get.

Leonard.

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - spamanglenn - 28-02-2009

I agree with everyone that says they are a rough indicator and not totally accurate.However if the variables are fairly constant and you change one thing,you will see a change in the result.I used this calculator leonard when you did a 9.79@139 to 140mph on your red/black 99.It said you used 150hp to do 139mph and 149hp to do 9.79.I took a bit of a guess on the weight but if i got within a mile of that on my bike,id be doing gadson like, training schools.The higher the horsepower the harder it is to harness and the bigger the gap between horsepower for mph and hp for et.I look at the gap between horsepower for mph and horsepower to ET and work on reducing the difference,with riding style and bike setup.

RE: gen2 stock dyno run - Legend - 01-03-2009

Did you check the figures I gave you previously?

Leonard.