Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Gen.II (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? (/showthread.php?tid=10809)

Pages: 1 2

Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - raisinfront - 13-10-2008

Can anyone give me an idea on the quality of service and professionalism applied to servicing a K8 at Kessners for a 1st service. Don't want to risk any hiccups or breakages to tabs, fairing alignment ect. Any bad reviews, I'll do it myself.

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - black13 - 13-10-2008

welcome to the club
mate of mine bought a busa from kessners recently , when he found out how much the 1st service charge was he booked the busa in elsewhere. none of the stealerships in adelaide are cheap cause there's so few of them & your wait time will be 2-3weeks,
cheers
Jindy Loop

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - birdxxx - 13-10-2008

yea they are rouges, they wanted to charge $250 to change oil and check a few bolts.
I took mine to superbike performance very reasonable price considering how long it takes the remove fairing.

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - raisinfront - 13-10-2008

birdxxx Wrote:yea they are rouges, they wanted to charge $250 to change oil and check a few bolts.
I took mine to superbike performance very reasonable price considering how long it takes the remove fairing.

Yeah, got quoted 1 week, $255. Have had a couple of gen1's which I have done all my own servicings with ease, but reading nightmares on the gen2 fairing removal. Will probably do my own for around $100 in parts knowing it will be done properly and nothing broken, knowing no one cares for your bike like yourself, but for the extra $150 might want to be lazy and have no warranty problems if they so arise. Just a word on Peter Stevens, STAY AWAY, butchers. Where is Superbike performance Bird?

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - birdxxx - 13-10-2008

it is behind the fire station at st marys, 5 pinn street

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - rave - 13-10-2008

I had mine serviced at peter stevens and had no problems but had to pay $$$ for warranty reasons but when it ran out i do the servicing myself.

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - Dan85 - 14-10-2008

getting the fairing off the k8 is a little harder than the gen1 but its still pretty simple. dont let it put you off

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - Troopmaster - 22-08-2009

Hi Gents,
I too have just recently have bought a K9 from Kessners, currently at 550kms, i dont have any problem with them working on my bike for the first service.
(mind you, i always do my own servicing, but for the first, Kessners will be doing it)
Jim Hanlon at Superbike Performance i have known for many years, he is one of the last turly conciencious "Engineers' in the Motorcycle Trade.
Jim was "HRE" years ago in Waymouth st (Hanlon Race Engineering), he is fluent with Suzuki's and Kawasaki's.
He is also an ANDRA Drag Racing Champion, having dabbled in Pro Stock Bike, A/Street Bike, and god knows what else.
Jim is a wealth of knowledge, and also a great bloke.

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - Haerera - 22-08-2009

Pi_thumbsdownHe also blew my turbo up on his dyno which i rebuilt myself and tuned without any compensation only help from members off this forum,say it like i see it
(22-08-2009, 02:02pm)Troopmaster Wrote: Hi Gents,
I too have just recently have bought a K9 from Kessners, currently at 550kms, i dont have any problem with them working on my bike for the first service.
(mind you, i always do my own servicing, but for the first, Kessners will be doing it)
Jim Hanlon at Superbike Performance i have known for many years, he is one of the last turly conciencious "Engineers' in the Motorcycle Trade.
Jim was "HRE" years ago in Waymouth st (Hanlon Race Engineering), he is fluent with Suzuki's and Kawasaki's.
He is also an ANDRA Drag Racing Champion, having dabbled in Pro Stock Bike, A/Street Bike, and god knows what else.

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - Troopmaster - 22-08-2009

(22-08-2009, 02:44pm)Haerera Wrote: Pi_thumbsdownHe also blew my turbo up on his dyno which i rebuilt myself and tuned without any compensation only help from members off this forum,say it like i see it
(22-08-2009, 02:02pm)Troopmaster Wrote: Hi Gents,

Sorry to hear that haerera Frown
I have known Jim since approx 1990 and have never had any issue with him or his workmanship ever, i am purley speaking via my experience with him, as are you unfortunatley.
I suppose, nomatter who you are, there may always be someone around who hasnt had the best of liasons with someone in the trade. Very Happy
I hope your Busa is up and flying again!Very Happy

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - Gordo - 23-08-2009

I have had OK results from Kessner but it is probably more important to have the first service with them and give them a list of things to do. Particularly re-tighten bolts, check adjustments. Thats what the first service is for. AND get that important stamp in your warranty book.
Afterwards, double check a few things and if they have missed anything, take it back. Make sure you get your money's worth.

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - 2 DOGS - 25-08-2009

Dont bother they are rogues....

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - busakid08 - 26-08-2009

1st service is a joke - change oil and check air pressures, do it yourself and they tighten all your cables that you have just finished setting for yourself: never again :)

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - ohdear - 26-08-2009

Just a note re service................ your service book can be stamped by any qualified mechanic as in service and warranty is not voided as long as person who stamped book is fully qualified. Warranty WORK/ CLAIMS must be carried out by an Authorised dealer.
In saying that Gen II owners be aware that certian service functions cannot be carried out on bike without an SDS tool which SUZUKI will not sell to anyone but their dealers.
(But I believe they are obtainable Knuppel2 ) Coolsmiley

RE: Kessners in SA for 1st Service? - TempOzzy - 26-08-2009

I had my K8 's first service done at Kessners without any problems. I had the bike in there for warranty repairs (clutch issue as per bulletin) and it was convenient timing. I did think they were a bit expensive, but I feel more confident in a Suzuki dealership pulling the fairings off rather than someone else who may have never worked on a Gen2 before.
Kessners have never done wrong by me before, and I had my previous bike in there on several occasions for mechanical repairs.
My bikes due for it's second service and I'm thinking about going back to Kessners. Not too many people to choose from in Adelaide.