Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Avon Vipers - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Avon Vipers (/showthread.php?tid=2035)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Avon Vipers - andcad - 15-06-2006

Put a set of Vipers on this week and so far so good. I know what you meen about being sticky. Last set of tyres on the bus where Avons as well (can't remember the type) they are just on the wear marks but have just recently turned hard and don't grip as well as before, got about 5000kms out of them.
When I orderd them from the local bike shop they told me they have been recalled because of copy right issues and I got one of the last pairs avalliable in WA. have you heard this in the east and what are they called now??

Are you guys still happy with them and how is the wear going?? Regards,

Andy<i></i>

Re: Avon Vipers - AstroBusa - 25-07-2006

Ok... so whats the go with the Avons ? Are they available again ? Do those members who have tried them believe they give good wear and grip ? Worth a try ? The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>

Re: Avon Vipers - Maj750t - 27-07-2006

I had one on the front of my trackbike, great grip , lasted ok too, sold the bike after 3 or 4 trackdays with lots of life left.
Better than the Diablo Corsa's on the new trackbike for wear. <i></i>

Re: Avon Vipers - SamsVj - 22-02-2007

I am getting a set of viper supersports fitted to my bike on sat. Should be fun.... Will be interesting to see what mileage we get out of them... <i></i>

RE: Avon Vipers - Madmax - 19-03-2007

SamsVj Wrote:I am getting a set of viper supersports fitted to my bike on sat. Should be fun.... Will be interesting to see what mileage we get out of them... <i></i>

I just put another set of Vipers on. Unable to get them for ages after some sort of name war between distributors. I did notice that the E in the name has been manually erased, probably allows them to get rid of stock with the Vip r name still on them. Scrubbing them in, the back was really squirrelly and twitchy, better now that they are wearing in. As Sams said - mileage will be interesting. I changed back to the 180 from the 190 I just wore out. The difference is quite noticeable - much easier tip-in, but then right on the bead more quickly too.:shocked: - wonder if that why she was feeling squirrelly around a really fast but tight sweeper I love. The rear end was walking out, taking me wider than I wanted to be.:eyes:

I'm recording kays travelled this time so will report on wear when this set is used up.

Max:smiley:Hayabusabusa::smiley:

RE: Avon Vipers - kawasuki - 24-03-2007

Unless u get your knees down i would stick to a 190 rear.

RE: Avon Vipers - Tag 13 - 28-03-2007

yeah, i couldn't get mine as a result of said war. there were none in the country. had to go with another set of tyres i had at home...

:(

RE: Avon Vipers - Madmax - 28-03-2007

They are now available but now named Avon AV59 (front?) and AV60 (back?).
Same tyre, different designation, end of name war. Have a look on page 29 of the March Rapid.

Seriously sticky on the road, I may well have to take your advice Raymond and get back to the 190??

Cheers

Max:smiley:Hayabusabusa::smiley:

RE: Avon Vipers - Tag 13 - 30-03-2007

cant afford to dumpo the tyres ive got so i will rum them then try the avons next time round.......

RE: Avon Vipers - spamanglenn - 30-03-2007

see if avon makes a 190/55 profile.They will turn like a 180/55 with more rubber on the side.Will make your gearing like a 38.5 tooth rear,but is barely noticeable on the road.Speedos more accurate though.

RE: Avon Vipers - andcad - 09-05-2007

http://www.proaccessories.com.au/products/avon/av59_av60.htm

RE: Avon Vipers - Madmax - 29-05-2007

No Spermbank, they only make 180/55 or 190/50s. The 55 wopuld have been interesting.

Max:ausflag:Hayabusabusa::ausflag:

RE: Avon Vipers - Busdriver - 29-05-2007

http://www.proaccessories.com.au/products/avon/storm.htm

RE: Avon Vipers - Ruffy - 29-05-2007

Max - make sure you get that rear how you like it, that corner you love only has a concrete divider to greet you on the exit - came close to meeting it myself the first time Lol3

Cheers Ruffy

RE: Avon Vipers - spamanglenn - 29-05-2007

Have a supercorsa sc2 190/55 rear fitted.Love it to bits.Beautiful turning off centre from the rear.Grippy as hell.Noticeably more grip than the oo2 street,which is fair enough because its softer.The 190/55 evens out the busas tendency to flop the front tyre and resist lean from the rear tyre in low speed turns.A long bike with a steep rake angle with a fairly flat rear tyre (stock) are the logical reasons for this i suppose.Light wheels improves this situation alot though.