Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
bikies - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: bikies (/showthread.php?tid=11895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

bikies - cheeky - 23-03-2009

Eekwow seems a few make the majority seem bad.

ie the bashing in the airport.

now people are out for people that ride bikes.i thought it was aimed at gangs but i heard a comment today about anyone that rides a bike must be up to no good.Undecided

very sad indeed that the good people have to wear the stigma of the bad ones

RE: bikies - rave - 23-03-2009

When anybody says anything bad bout us bikers just punch them in the face then gutter stomp them! Knuppel2

RE: bikies - kawasuki - 23-03-2009

No No they are talking about harley riders.....Scary

RE: bikies - cheeky - 23-03-2009

lucky i dont ride a harley!

RE: bikies - Raging - 23-03-2009

I can fully understand why harley riders are so easily agitated.

I'd be peeved too if payed a stupid amount of money for an inferior bike that is just like an old cattledog that spends most of its time in the back of a ute. And just like dogs, lots of them back away from a fight unless they are in a pack. The good thing about harleys though is you know when to top the oil up, when there isn't a puddle under it after being parked for 5 minutes...

RE: bikies - chris67 - 24-03-2009

This is the problem all bikers face is people that stereotype us,your comments about harley riders shows how much you know about bikers and bikes.
I own a K5 busa and a 03 Wideglide harley that I have had since new, it has never broken down and does not leak any oil.Iam in a riders group called BUACA(Bikers United Against Child Abuse)recently these guys rode their Harleys from Karratha WA over to Brisbane QLD which they travelled 5500km in 9 days over the top end of Australia to raise awareness of child abuse in our remote communities and all they had was 1 flat battery and 1 flat tyre.So next time you want to stereotype people think twice before you do so.Check out the BUACA web site www.buaca.org .There is an other Desert thunder awareness ride and all bikers are welcome no matter what you ride, its in Sept 09 check it out.

RE: bikies - bigfoot - 24-03-2009

great work Chris keep up the good work!!

RE: bikies - BUSGO - 24-03-2009

Yes, we're all in this lifestyle together.
Scooters, Cruisers, Tourers and Sports.
It is just a shame that not all get along together.

RE: bikies - cheeky - 24-03-2009

cris thats a wonderful thing you guys are doing.

but i think the comments about harley riders are tounge in cheek...

but it is great too hear of anyone doing great stuff!!!!!

RE: bikies - Raging - 24-03-2009

The comments I made about Harley riders are very generalised...which is what a great deal of Harley riders put everyone else in, face the facts.

The majority of riding I do is with Harley riders. I like cruisers, just got off another one onto the busa.

I will stand by my comment that everything with harley stamped on it is overpriced, and apart from the V-Rod makes, the technology is old. You know how many people I know that own Harleys because of the name? Not because its the best bike for them, or the best bike for the money, most of them haven't even tried anything else. They just want a harley for the name and the stigma.
I've had people admit they wouldn't mind trying something else, but don't want to get off a Harley because thats what they ride, AND alot of Harley riders I know also admit that they have been pretty damn unreliable. Not so much these days, but think along the lines of people still thinking Fords must have shitty door handles because the XD, XE and XF had them. They don't. Some might. Very easy to put in the same group if you have a sour taste in your mouth.

Tell me where the sense in any of that is? And yes, I have had run-ins with biker groups in the past for no fault of my own, which was made up of atleast 90% of Harleys. They just didn't like the bike I was riding at the time. I won't mention the name of the club they were from, but its a rather large network of Harley riders.

As I posted the other day, I don't give a shit what type of bike you ride, as long as you enjoy riding it. But some people have to wake up and realise what is around them before they wonder why people generalise.

RE: bikies - Raging - 24-03-2009

chris67 Wrote:This is the problem all bikers face is people that stereotype us,your comments about harley riders shows how much you know about bikers and bikes.

Shows how much you know about bikers. Ball is in your court

in my home town the local ethnic guys use the harley as a status symbol.
there are quiet a few guys that cannot ride at all so they get their mates to ride their bikes too meet and greets or for coffee.then they stand around patting each other on their backs and sprucking about their bike.

once the meets are over they then get their mates too ride their bike home for them.

i know of at least 3 of these guys..its rather sad not being able too ride your own bike.

here we have the bandidos,they have been no probs at all.in fact we go on rides with them when they are fundraising.several good mates are members.i like how they look after all those who are riding with them in one big group with corner sargents ect.they do not leave anyone behind.
they have donated too local families that have had probs with lil ones getting sick..so thats a good side too gangs

RE: bikies - bioDog - 24-03-2009

cheeky Wrote:in my home town the local ethnic guys use the harley as a status symbol.
there are quiet a few guys that cannot ride at all so they get their mates to ride their bikes too meet and greets or for coffee.then they stand around patting each other on their backs and sprucking about their bike.

once the meets are over they then get their mates too ride their bike home for them.

i know of at least 3 of these guys..its rather sad not being able too ride your own bike.

here we have the bandidos,they have been no probs at all.in fact we go on rides with them when they are fundraising.several good mates are members.i like how they look after all those who are riding with them in one big group with corner sargents ect.they do not leave anyone behind.
they have donated too local families that have had probs with lil ones getting sick..so thats a good side too gangs
Ye great blokes(bandidos) i especially liked the time they broke my nose,black eyes and general face lacerations Pi_freak on a drug fuelled rage one night.But hey what was i thinking playing pool.(this was in Griffith)

shite im very sorry. never been a prob for me

RE: bikies - 2wheelfreak - 24-03-2009

11 drive by shootings in 5 days. Most related to this new gang "notorious mc" with the others related to the mid eastern gangs power struggle.
The funny thing with notorious is they are an outlaw motor cycle gang & the greater majority of it's members have never ridden a bike.
These days it's all about organised crime, not motorcycles.Idiot2Pi_thumbsdown