300 (the movie) ? Seen it yet ?
Went and saw the movie '300' this evening. Anyone else seen it ? What were your thoughts ?
thought u were taling about 300kph seen it yet?
lol
no and

...no
Yes,
Wasn't too bad, some scenes were a bit B-grade though but other than that not a bad Roman epic.Very Happy

Steve.
Roman? Steve, you weren't paying attention!
Lotsa gore. Every time David Wenham popped into shot I was searching for Hobbits. And whats with the bloody Scottish accents ?? I remember when an ex-g/f dragged me along to see Troy (another Greek epic movie)... all the bad guys had scottish accents (they were all out of Brave Heart). 300 was the same... except it was the good guys with the accents. Och !

There are three things I'll remember from that movie.... nipples (on the women...), scottish accents and gore. All up, not a bad way to pass a couple of hours if you're in blood letting mode.

Dj... yeah... I've seen 300 km/h on movies at YouTube ! Bloody hell... I'm old.... if I were ever to go that fast, my brain would turn to jelly.
Sorry Pan, yes I know they were from Sparta, but essentially all the provinces including Sparta, Athens, Carthage, Lycia etc all came under new Roman rule not long after the Persian empire cease to rule and then they moved on to early England and the middle east (it wasn't called England back then they built provinces after they battled with the Druids, Baudicaen and celtic tribes), the two main so-called capitals were Londinium and Norwich. (I've condensed a lot of history into a small paragraph here).
I'd like to know when they're going to make a Scandinavian epicDrool that would be good.

Cheers SteveVery Happy
big steve Wrote:Sorry Pan, yes I know they were from Sparta, but essentially all the provinces including Sparta, Athens, Carthage, Lycia etc all came under new Roman rule not long after the Persian empire cease to rule and then they moved on to early England and the middle east (it wasn't called England back then they built provinces after they battled with the Druids, Baudicaen and celtic tribes), the two main so-called capitals were Londinium and Norwich. (I've condensed a lot of history into a small paragraph here).
I'd like to know when they're going to make a Scandinavian epicDrool that would be good.

Cheers  SteveVery Happy

[Image: blueballs4zt5gr-1.gif]
I saw it at Imax today - my thoughts are as follows:

It started out great I thought - however its decent in to a slasher was quick. The CGI (Computer graphics) suxed I thought - the blood would spurt with a cut - land on the ground then disappear. I thought the back story of the Queen of Sparta & the council men was pretty crap - but it had a good ending with her killin the guy & having the Persian gold fall out as she pulled back the sword.
Going back to the CGI - the mountains looks pretty crap as well - the use of the sepia colouring was good tho. I thought the hunch back dude should have copped it in the end for betraying the Spartans. The chicks were hawt! can't go past that. :)

I have seen Sin City another movie based on Frank millers comics - but the story lines in that were FAR better then 300 which I thought was a disappointment. The fighting at the start was good - very good I thought - in the few first waves it showed how they used the shields & spears back then & you can see why they were feared just from tactics. After that tho it kinda fell in to single fighting & such. Also I thought the blood spurts looked too fake as well. Troy (As mentioned above) I thought was a much better movie to see fighting back in those times - just Troy is on a much bigger scale.

I didn't pick up Scottish accents tho myself :)

Astro - that chick the orcal(sp?) was friggen nice :) but too young I think in the end for us :)
DjPete Wrote:thought u were taling about 300kph seen it yet?
lol
no and

...no

bah wuss - yes & yes :p
You've lost me Bruce:shocked:

Steve.
RaZz0R Wrote:Astro - that chick the orcal(sp?) was friggen nice :) but too young I think in the end for us :)

RaZz.... yeah... the Oracle was a bit on the young side, but you could hang coathangers on those nipples ! I was thinking more of the queen... more our speed I would think... her nipples were no less spectacular.

Big Steve.... you're history is correct... tho as you say, the change in guard (to the Romans) hadn't happened yet.
big steve Wrote:You've lost me Bruce:shocked:

Steve.

Ya lost me with the big words Lol2
Astrobusa Wrote:RaZz.... yeah... the Oracle was a bit on the young side, but you could hang coathangers on those nipples ! I was thinking more of the queen... more our speed I would think... her nipples were no less spectacular.

Yep - second that - the Queen was very nice indeed :) but wouldn't wanna have to meet her hubby in a bad mood :) hehehe
"Ya lost me with the big words" Lol2

Nah, there's no big words in there mate you've just been riding that turbo Busa too fast and your head is still spinning :2funny:

Cheers StevePi_thumbsup
if anyone wants it - pm me