Just got ripped off by Suzuki
I bought new RHS OEM fairings to replace the damaged ones on my GenII, and at first I thought the cost was a bit much, but for OEM I kind of expected it. The panels were $735.

However, this is where it becomes bullshit. I went to put the panels on this weekend, opened the boxes only to find....no heat shield or cushion attached.

Gave Suzuki a call only to find out that they are an extra part and at an extra cost of $265.

So using OEM Suzuki to replace 2 panels just cost me $995.
Wonder how much the bike is worth part by part.
(27-09-2010, 03:03pm)BikerBoy Wrote: So using OEM Suzuki to replace 2 panels just cost me $995.

Holly mortgage repayment bat man, that is bloody expensive. Did you try wreckers and such <-- don't bother, guessing you did.
(27-09-2010, 03:07pm)sutur Wrote: Wonder how much the bike is worth part by part.

I figure if I part my entire Busa out, I could get enough cash to buy 2.
is there any reason you can't use the old foam and heat shield from the damaged fairings ect, it pulls off pretty easy and simply glues back on with a bit of shelly's liquid nails.
(27-09-2010, 06:57pm)09sydrd Wrote: is there any reason you can't use the old foam and heat shield from the damaged fairings ect, it pulls off pretty easy and simply glues back on with a bit of shelly's liquid nails.

That was the first thing I started to do, but mine is stuck solid. I even gave it the old hair dryer approach to try and melt the glue and that did not work either.
no worries , i thought it was worth a shot . they must have used more glue on the 010's , lol
The guys at my local stealership told me that Suzuki are the worst of the Big Four when it comes to price-gouging.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
Yeah seen all that RYDRZ. I did consider it, maybe I should have.

I'm still looking for plain uncoated ABS panels at the moment too, so I'm checking out the cheap Asian imports on that. They even come 'with' the heat shields.
This must be something new with Suzuki. I just got my K9 repaired by the local Suzuki dealership and it took way longer to repair as they too got caught out by the heat shield and foam not coming as part of the fairing as it has normally done in th past. They had to go and then order them separatley which took a few more weeks.
(29-09-2010, 02:56pm)Bundybusa Wrote: This must be something new with Suzuki. I just got my K9 repaired by the local Suzuki dealership and it took way longer to repair as they too got caught out by the heat shield and foam not coming as part of the fairing as it has normally done in th past. They had to go and then order them separatley which took a few more weeks.

What needed repairing mate?
Repco means Rip Every Poor c*** Off

Need a slogan for Suzuki
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
YEAH! gen suzuki fuel strainer for a 99 busa set me back $67 and its the most piss ant microscopic filter you've ever seen.... what a f@#K"n rip when you can buy a big arse oil filter for like $19. ???
IF IM NOT ON THE THROTTLE.....IM ON THE BEER BOTTLES!
(28-09-2010, 08:21am)BikerBoy Wrote: Yeah seen all that RYDRZ. I did consider it, maybe I should have.

I'm still looking for plain uncoated ABS panels at the moment too, so I'm checking out the cheap Asian imports on that. They even come 'with' the heat shields.

There is an Australian seller on Ebay that sells aftermarket fairings at what seems to be good prices. A complete fairing set for a Hayabusa, injection molded ABS plastic and heat shielding for around $700.00 delivered. I get the impression that he brings them in from China.
I'm thinking about buying a complete set for my new Busa and storing the original fairing. That way any any bumps, scrapes, falls won't be as financially painful. He also sells individual items.
If and when I decide to sell the Busa, I'll have the original fairing in perfect condition to bolt back on.

The guy is based on the Gold Coast. I'm wondering if any club members from around there could go check out the quality of these fairings and let us all know if they are worth the investment.
If enough of us are interested, we might be able to get the price down further for a bit of a bulk order.

Here's the link to his ebay store. I also have his Ph # so if there's anyone who lives on the Gold Coast who wants to go check them out for us, PM me and I'll get his number to you.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Australian-Mot...e-Services